Repair, Maintain and Upgrade
In addition to designer and builder I am also an experienced Electronic Service Technician.
I repair everything from computers and research devices to everyday items like tables and chairs.
Beginning as a helper in my father's home based TV repair shop I have worked in numerous consumer electronics repair shops fixing Televisions, VCRs, Cameras, Computers, Monitors, Telephones etc.
Working as Electronics Research Technician Senior at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee I was in charge of the Psychology Department's Electronics and Woodworking Shop.
There I maintained everything used by a University department of more than 20 faculty and 50 students.
Below are some things I'm experienced repairing, maintaining and upgrading.
Electronic and Mechanical Systems
- Animal Operant Chambers
- Animal Mazes
- Human Isolation Chambers
- Video and Audio Monitoring Systems
- Bio Feedback Monitors
- Polygraph Recorders
- Alcohol In-Breath Detectors
- Rack Mounted & Relay Based Control Equipment
- Shock Generators
- Power Systems
- Television Sets
- Video Cameras
- Video Cassette Recorders
- Audio Amplifiers
- Intercom Systems
MS Windows based computer systems
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware failures including,
Hard Drives, Motherboards, Power Supplies, Monitors, Printers and IO devices
- Obtain the latest software drivers and patches to maintain compatibility and operation
Build and Upgrade custom computer systems
- Assemble custom computer systems using latest available hardware,
customized for lab data collection, office or classroom use.
- Assembly includes Case, Hard Drives, CD drives, Power supply, Video, Audio,
Digital IO, Monitor and Printer.
Software Installation and Maintenance
- Perform fresh software installations and upgrades of MS Windows including,
Windows 3.1, 95, 98, 98SE, 2000 and XP
- Install and upgrade Windows OS, MS Office, Data Analysis,
Graphics, Video and Audio software packages
- Obtain and install updates as they become available
- Maintain backups of system software
Maintain Computer Network Connections
- WAN connections to university backbone including 10/100 baseT ethernet
- LAN connections inside research labs
- Dial-Up connections using Modems
- Troubleshoot network data ports, RJ45, USB and Serial
- Make necessary cables
Maintain Computer Security
- Install and monitor Antivirus and Firewall Software packages
- Make sure the antivirus software is kept up to date
- Restore operation after virus attacks through isolation and removal of the infection